Pro-Am League Train for Competitions with Professional Dance Instructors
What is Pro-Am?
This form of partnership is very popular in the US and Russia and is now increasingly growing its strength the UK and Europe. Pro-Am stands for Professional-Amateur dance partnership, where a professional dancer and teacher partners with his/her student to showcase the ability of the latter on solo dance performances and competitions amongst other Pro-Am Ballroom & Latin couples.
Pro-Am Performances include different dance events as seen on the schedule displayed here. These range from monthly friendly Ballroom & Latin social dance parties, to big gala balls, and charity fund raising events. Pro-Am competitions vary from small challenges between dance schools to bigger national and grand international dance championships.
We have a team of amazing professionals in both Ballroom & Latin styles which include dance instructors, makeup artists, hairdressers, dress designers, and event organisers who will make your journey towards the stage fun and easy every step of the way.
The ProAm Program includes Private Lessons, Group Classes (see below), Supervised Practice and individual practice.
Run by the World Class Champions
The founders of Flow Dance London, with an extensive career in competitive industry in Latin American dance world, Carlos Custodio and Elena Plescenco will supervise each dancer to their own level and needs on both technical and artistic aspects of Ballroom & Latin dancing. They will also help individual dancers find a best professional dance partner and develop a tailored training and competition plan for each Pro-Am couple.
- Every Thursday 6:30-7:30pm - Latin American Styling & Technique class with Elena Plescenco
- Every Wednesday 8:30-10pm - Supervised Latin Practice with Elena plescenco
- 7 days a week - any time access to Flow Dance studios for practice (subject to availability)
Is it for you - This class is for you if you want to take your dancing to the next level - compete and perform with other colleagues in the same age and level category alongside your professional dance teacher. We will assess your dance skills on the first class to see if you are ready to join.
Thursday Class Description - We will focus on technique and styling in all 5 Latin American dances takin 1 dance per week. The program will also include ‘etiquette on dance floor’, ‘competition look’ and ‘competitors psychology’. And more importantly we will take care of each dancer’s individual needs offering advise and support along the way!
Taster - £20
Monthly membership - £60
We look forward to welcoming you in the club!
2017/2018 Pro-Am Events
- 5th January 2018 – Blackpool, Pro-Am Champions Grand Finals
- 10th February - Winter Blast - Pro Am Showcases
- 17 March - London Gala Ball - Pro Am Competition
- 14th Apr - Spring Blast - Flow Dance Showcases
- May- ISTD Medal Exams- Date TBC
- 20 May - Killick Royale - Pro Am Competition
- 20-22 May - Blackpool ProAm Dance Festival
- 10th June - Brentwood - Pro Am Competition
- 7th July - Summer Blast - Pro Am ShowCases
- 15-16 August – Killick Klassik Miami - USA
- 6th October - Autumn Blast - Pro Am ShowCases
- 13th October - The London Ball Pro Am Competition
- 20-21st October - London Globe Pro Am Champions
- October -ISTD Medal Exams- Date TBC
- 3-4 November - Blackpool ISTD Grand Finals
- 9-11 November - Dutch Open ProAm Competition
- 1st December - Christmas Blast - ProAm Showcases
- 7-9 December - Paris World Pro Am Championship